The new album of Galadriel "World under world" has suprised me. From the last album I expected the usual Doom-Metal. Therefore my first question:
Dodo, how the new musical direction became?
- I think it’s the continuing in the musical evolution of our band. There were good reviews and great answers of our fans for the last CD “From Ashes & Dust”. But everywhere was the note: classical doom death with female vocals and keyboards. We felt we want be something more then classical doom death metal band and the direction in the simultaneous metal scene is full of mixes of metal styles (black, death, heavy, doom...) and with electronic elements too. We like it and we want to play it! Therefor the new CD “World Under World” brings all these parts and I hope our fans will like this CD too.
Took the new fill of Galadriel a big share about it?
- I don’t think so. We started to write the songs for this CD right after the „big beng“ in our band in February 2003. We were only three members in the band in that time (me with guitarists Tomax and Matus) and we recorded these songs in autumn of last year. So, new members came to the band in the begining of this year. There were many guest musicians in studio for the best realisation of our visions.
Often a band at first have problems because of the new fill. Not only musical but also between people. How you succeed this problem so quick?
- I must to tell you that these changes are not so quick and without problems. There are problems with some people and the new line up is still not finished. But there is the healthy substance and it’s good. Despite of some little problems we played great gigs in our countries this year.
What for reasons you have to let the influence of Black-, Death- and Heavy-Metal flow into your music?
- Nobody of us listen only doom metal music. We like many other metal styles and I think many of metal fans listen many kinds of metal music. So I don’t see the problem with the mix of these metal styles. I think the music is then more motley and interesting for the fans.
Your lyrics are very interesting. Which part of you is responsible for it and what for histories are behind it?
- Thank you. Lyrics are very imortant for me. I think good music with empty words is not good music. Many of my lyrics are the answers for the situations I forlived in my life or they’re some visions, dreams or fantasy. I think the mourning, aggressive and erotic parts of me are responsible for my lyrics.
You send 10.000 CDs for free. It`s a big expenditure. What answer the fans give you about it?
- This is a business of our label Metal Age Production. We are very satisfied with the work of our label. These copies were send for promotional use. I think and hope our fans like „World Under World“. We didn’t recieved the bad answers. We met many of our fans here in Slovakia at the gigs and they’re surprised with the high level of this album. It’s really great play these songs live!
I`ve seen you last year at the Blind Guardian Festival in Coburg/Germany. When will you come back to the german fans? Are there already some dates?
- There are no dates confirmed for Germany in this moment, but I hope we will came to play for german fans in autumnal months of this year. We were surprised with the good acceptance last year in Coburg and I know we must to meet these fans again.
Are more concerts planning?
- All confirmed dates are only for Slovakia and Czech republic. We’re planning some dates with our label for the west Europe, but now I cannot tell you nothing more.
What are you planning for future?
- Next year we will celebrate the 10 years of our existence and we will release new album. There is a chance for the re-releasing of our past CDs that are not in touch or the releasing of some kind of best of „unknown years 1995 - 2000“. We will see...
The famous last words please:
- I hail all our fans in Germany and thank you for your e-mails and messages in our guestbook. Please, be so kind and wait for us. We’re doing everything for playing some gigs in your country.
Thank you for the interview. I hope to see you soon live.
- Yes, I thank you too for the place in your virtual world. All the best in your work. Bye..